ADFAS lectures are enjoyable social events where International and local speakers share their enthusiasm for the arts. Experienced arts professionals, including curators, artists, authors and performers present informal illustrated lectures which both explain and entertain. Lectures are held most months in a convivial environment and are followed by light refreshments.
Recent lectures have included:
- Michelangelo – Ambition, Fame and Obsession
- Australian Aboriginal Rock Art
- Thomas Chippendale – the Creation of British Style
- Frida Kahlo – Mexican Art and Culture
- The Power and Glory of England’s Country Houses
- Rossetti’s Women